Science Advice Skills Development Program (SASDP)
This form is to be filled by the Nominating Organization, established and operating on the African continent
Please read the information below and fill the form.
The Nominating Organization (university/research institute/Academy of Science) should be a recognized organization established and operating in Africa which is engaged in science advice.
Eligibility of being a mentee
The nominee should be a mid-career African scientist or researcher working on the African continent who has obtained his/her PhD in the past 5 years with extensive and rigorous research and evaluation experience. The nominee should be less than 50 years old and must show an interest in science advice with a scientific record as evidence of great promise in his/her field of expertise related to climate change. Nominations should not be based on the rank of staff at the organization, but on the skills and experience in undertaking research.
Nominations must be submitted, with requested supporting documentation, to Dr Richard L.K. Glover (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Secretariat of INGSA-Africa, with Dr Shaheen Motala-Timol (email@example.com ) in copy, by 15 July 2022.
The information provided will help us to match your nominee with a mentor that has the experience and skills that best meets his/her development needs and the field of expertise, as well as the need of your organization.
Responsibilities of Mentees
- a) To participate in the virtual introductory and closing workshops.
- b) To fully engage with the Mentors in the designing of the virtual mentoring program
- c) To attend scheduled mentoring meetings over 3 months
- d) To achieve the identified outcomes (policy papers, white papers, policy brief, report, statement etc.)
- e) To prepare the final document for science advice to be presented at the closing workshop.
- f) Organise a dissemination event at their organization to share their experiences and findings with their peers
Nomination form for the Science Advice Skills Development Program
"*" indicates required fields