Type of Intervention: Financial and Economic
Sectors Involved: Finance/Economy, Social Services
Intervention Categories: Finance policy and financial aid; Stimulus packages and financial support
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: MInistry of Finance
Overview: A circular signed by the Secretary to the President on the relief and concessions was referred to the Secretaries of Ministries of Finance, Economic and Policy Development and Public Administration, Home Affairs, Provincial Councils and Local Government and all District and Divisional Secretaries.
1. Measures to pay senior citizens, disabled persons, farmers registered under the Farmers’ Insurance Scheme, kidney patients, Samurdhi recipients (poor households),
2. Nutritional supplements will be delivered directly to the residences of expectant mothers and families with malnourished children
3. Payment of the pensions to public officers and advance payment of salary.
4. Relief on lease instalments for self-employed persons
5. Relief for the private businesses that are not in a position to pay employees’ wages
Full details here: https://www.presidentsoffice.gov.lk/index.php/2020/03/31/more-concessions-to-public-in-the-face-of-covid-19-outbreak/?lang=en
Other links: 1
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group, Perception of an increased threat, To provide relief
Source of Evidence or Justification: Opinion based on medical reports
Evidence/Justification: There is increasing hardships faced by poorer segments of the population