Type of Intervention: Regulation
Sectors Involved: Private Sector and Businesses, Supply Chains
Intervention Categories: Reopening offices, businesses, institutions, and operations
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: Ministry of Health
Overview: The Government of Panama authorizes as of September 28, 2020, the reactivation, operation and mobilization of the following activities: corresponding to retail, including the opening of shopping centers, restaurants and inns, all professional services and administrative and general services.
The resolution details that the activities must comply with the following regulations:
* They will operate from Monday to Saturday, with the exception of activities carried out in places that have a curfew established by the MINSA.
* Shopping centers may open from 10:00 a.m. onwards
* They will comply with the guidelines for the return to normality established through the Resolution of the Health Guidelines for post-Covid-19 operations and other protocols and measures established by the MINSA and the Ministry of Labor.
* They will provide their workers with biosecurity implements, such as alcohol, masks, among other essentials, according to the protocols and standards issued on this matter by the health authority.
Full details here: https://www.gacetaoficial.gob.pa/pdfTemp/29121_A/81077.pdf
Other links: 1
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group
Source of Evidence or Justification: National – government
Evidence/Justification: The criteria used to relax the mobility restriction measures used by the national government correspond to three key criteria:
1. infections per 100 thousand inhabitants
2.percentage occupancy of beds in intensive care rooms
3.effective reproduction number (Rt)