Type of Intervention: Specific Action
Sectors Involved: Health
Intervention Categories: Legal and policy; Declaring state of emergency; New initiatives
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: Minister of Health
Overview: Public Health Emergency of National Importance (ESPIN) declared.
The following resolutions were put into effect by the Minister of Health:
– Establishment of the Public Health Emergency Operations Center (COE-nCoV) as a national mechanism for coordinated management of emergency response at the national level. The management of the COE will be under the responsibility of the Health Surveillance Secretariat (SVS / MS).
– The COE-nCoV is responsible for:
1. Planning, organising, coordinating and controlling the measures to be used during ESPIN, in accordance with the guidelines established by the Minister of State for Health;
2. articulate with state, district and municipal SUS managers;
3. forward technical reports on ESPIN and ongoing administrative actions to the Minister of Health;
4. disclose to the population information related to ESPIN; and
5. to propose, in a justified manner, to the Minister of State for Health:
a) the activation of health teams b) the acquisition of goods and the contracting of services necessary for acting at ESPIN; c) the requisition of goods and service d) the closure of the ESPIN
Full details here: https://www.in.gov.br/web/dou/-/portaria-n-188-de-3-de-fevereiro-de-2020-241408388
Other links: 1
Type of Justification: Advice of EXTERNAL expert advisor or advisory committee, Scientific Evidence (e.g. academic paper, report), Perception of an increased threat
Source of Evidence or Justification: World Health Organisation
Evidence/Justification: Based on the Public Health Emergency Declaration of International Importance by the World Health Organization on January 30, 2020.