INGSA-Asia would like to congratulate the winners of its Grassroots Science Advice Promotion Awards 2023 on their exemplary achievements. As part of this award, the winners will receive a seed grant worth CAD 1,000 as well as guidance and mentorship from a distinguished member of the INGSA-Asia Steering Committee to organise science advice workshops in their home countries.
The winners are:
- Dr. Ng Boon Kwee (Malaysia) – Innovation from the Ground Up: Empowering Communities through Grassroots Innovation in Malaysia
- Dr. Deepthi Vijay (India) – Addressing Antimicrobial Resistance in India: A One Health Action Plan
- Dr. Nirmalya Mukherjee & Dr. Denny John (India) – Amplifying Voices of Tribal Communities for Climate Change in West Bengal, India: Identifying Opportunities, Challenges, and Collaborations
- Dr. Mamta Bhardwaj & Dr Radhika Trikha (India) – A Proposal to Bring Awareness About the Use of Biodiversity, Targeting Rural India through Policies and Science Advice
- Dr. Pankaj Dhaka (India) – Addressing Emerging Zoonoses in India: A One Health Policy Review & Action Plan in India
- Dr. Rehan Zafar & Dr Masood ur Rehman (Pakistan) – From Pandemic Response to Future Preparedness: Integrating Science and Policy for Collaborative Healthcare Management
INGSA-Asia looks forward to supporting the winners in organising timely and impactful programmes to promote science advice at a grassroots level.